- Ensure you are enrolled in a CloudSploit Premium plan
- Have admin-level access to your AWS account with a user that has permissions to create new resources (CloudFormation template, SNS endpoint, CloudWatch Event rules).
- Connect an AWS account to CloudSploit (follow these steps if you haven't already setup an account connection)
- Upgrade the account to take advantage of Premium features
- Important: Ensure CloudTrail is Enabled in each Region connected or that at least one(1) Trail is Enabled in All Regions ("Apply trail to all regions: Yes")
Setting up CloudSploit Events is as simple as launching a CloudFormation template in your account. Follow these steps to connect your AWS account to CloudSploit Events.
- Log into the AWS account you wish to connect
- Log into your CloudSploit account
- Navigate to the "Events" page
- Click "Connect Events"
- Select your account from the drop-down. If you do not see your account listed, make sure it is "Upgraded" by navigating to the "AWS Accounts" page and clicking the "Upgrade" button.
- Copy the URL ID and click on each stack link to launch the stack in the appropriate regions. Paste the ID you copied into the "URLId" field. Without this value, your events will not be sent.
- In the CloudFormation page, change the event values from "true" to "false" if you do not want Events of those types to be sent. We do not recommend changing these, but do provide the option for users who do not wish to send all Events.
- Click through the CloudFormation steps to create the stack.
- Your Events will now begin to be sent to CloudSploit. You can view them on the "Events" page.
After configuring Events, you may want to review the default rules used to make security determinations. You can do that by clicking "Event Rules" from the menu.
Additionally, you can configure Event Routings to have specific event notifications sent to your integrations.